Multilingual International EMS Terminology

Studies on international EMS collaboration

Andrés
    Organizer

I have been looking for studies that have analyzed communication difficulties when teams with different native languages have worked in the same field, but I have not been able to find any. They would be very useful to justify the development of the international glossary of terms related to medical emergencies. Has anyone come across any one of these studies?

Alexander

Dear Andres,

thank you for bringing up this interesting topic that according to my opinion can be addressed by the multilingual glossary developed by the iProcureSecurity consortium. I did some research and came across the project InGRiP. The action aims, among others to improve the understanding of the respective foreign medical language for paramedics stationed in the bordering regions (Germany – Poland), and to give them the opportunity to practice the joint handling of emergency scenarios at simulators. It might be beneficial to collect some information on their approach and findings regarding most used and needed terminology in the daily life of the EMS practitioners, of course taking into account the conditions (if it is a rural or urban area, demographic characteristics etc.) under which the emergency medical care is provided.

Below you can find the link to the website where more information on the project is to be found:

https://www.uni-greifswald.de/en/university/information/current-news/details/n/saving-lives-across-borders-improving-german-polish-paramedic-cooperation-23499/

Best Regards,

Alexander

• This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by  Alexander.