EMS Logistics

Ambulance Logistics

Maria

Hallo dear members of EMS Network!

I would like to share the following challenge with you which the ambulance services in Germany face on a daily basis and ask you to share your experience and eventually propose a solution for it.

In Germany the concepts for distribution of ambulances in cases of emergency have boundaries if there is more than one single scene. If there are several large scenes with many patients, or if there are several different EMS concepts and decisions have to be made with respect to the distribution of the available resources or which EMS concepts should be applied, then this cannot be recognized, decided upon, or managed locally at the tactical level. 

Stylianos

Hello from Greece

I’m EMT-I/Rescuer on Hellenic National Center for Emergency Care (EKAB) and also a member of the Special Unit for Disaster Medicine which is a special unit focus on disaster relief . Realy it’s a challenge to have many scenes with disaster. Greece has established a National Coordination Center for Health (EKEPY) issues with EKAB in order to coordinate and manage any crisis no matter how big it is. We are working in a certain process all over Greece. EKEPY and EKAB are state organizations.

Alexander
    Organizer

Hallo Stylianos, thank you for your cotribution. Could you please share with us how the COVID-19 crisis affected the allocation of resources in Greece with regard to ambulance transportation.