Emergency Call Centres – Challenges, gaps and related innovation solutions

Questions prior to the webinar

Alexander
    Organizer

1. What features and concrete functionalities were important for you to choose this particular innovative solution?

2. What are the benefits of implementing the innovative solution (human, societal, organizational, technical, economic etc.)?

• This discussion was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by  Alexander.

Andrés

I think it is very relevant to know whether and how the management software of Emergency Call Centers connect to the EHR system of hospitals, and whether that software uses open communication standards like HL7 and SNOMED.

Sandra

Do you think “Scalable Cloud Call Centres” are a possible solution for peaks of activity in emergencies or as it requires a very specific knowledge wouldn’t be a good idea?

Joachim

Dear Sandra,

If you are meaning workplaces where call center agents bring their own laptops, smartphones, or other portable devices to conduct work, I think that using those devices to retrieve work-related information and applications puts additional loads on the business’ systems and infrastructure. If those two pieces can’t scale to meet the demand, performance suffers.

Some call centers employ remote employees which almost always necessitates cloud-based solutions. Such applications typically connect to multiple and geographically dispersed data servers to not only handle additional call center agent seats but also to secure and privatize information.

If those challenges are met, Scalable Cloud Call Centres could be an interesting tool.

Alexander
    Organizer

Dear Sandra, thank you for bringing up this interesting topic. From my point of view applying cloud based call centers brings a lot of advantages to the work of the EMS organisations. Some of them are low complexity in maintaining hardware, no hardware costs, no set up costs. The only costs arise here in connection to the storage internet connection.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by  Alexander.

Sandra

Thanks for your replies Joachim and Alexander!

I’ve been doing some research about these cloud based virtual contact centers and it’s getting more and more interesting! COVID-19 has created some needs that are perfectly met with these solutions: Remote work requirements and rapid scaling.

In the UK, the NHS has been using Amazon Web Services, especially during the COVID-19 outbreak. With Amazon Connect they have reduced calls that required an agent by 42% thanks basically to interactive voice response (IVR) and natural language processing (Amazon Lex and Amazon Polly). That way, the service is scalable and is “protected” against unexpected peaks of activity. Also, employees can be working at home with just a laptop and a VPN.

Do you know any company in Europe that is currently providing this kind of service?