30th November to 4th December – TIEMS 2020 Annual Conference
Today, nearly 70% of the EU population lives in urban areas, and this is likely to increase over the next few decades. Cities are main centers for all economic, social and cultural activities in Europe and create around 80% of the EU’s gross domestic product. According to a European Parliament policy study “Mapping Smart Cities in the EU” (January 2014), the core idea of Smart Cities is to better connect human capital, social capital and ICT infrastructures in order to generate greater and more sustainable economic development and a better quality of life for citizens. Over the past few years, projects and programs have multiplied at local, national and European level and some lessons can already be drawn from past experiences.
However, new technologies have also created new risks for citizens, which are still poorly taken into account. The aim of the conference will therefore be to provide an overview of the risks generated by smart cities and to find solutions, as far as possible. In addition, the coronavirus and covid19 has shown the pandemic risks as a real and deadly threat in urban areas.
In this regard, the TIEMS 2020 Annual Conference has as a main topic “Citizens and Cities Facing New Hazards and Threats”
Further Topics include:
- Coronavirus and Covid19 Worldwide Status, Concequences and Remedies
- Smart and resilient cities towards natural and technological disasters
- Climate change and adaptation of rescue and response forces
- Cyber security issues for emergency management operations
- AI and new technologies in civil protection area
- Safety and security of (new) energies for first responders
- Value of responders actions on saving lives and properties
- Resilience policies for cities: What benefits?
- Focus on EU civil protection and international mechanisms
- Other subjects related to the previous topics
The conference will be a arranged as a virtual conference using Zoom for virtually attendance each day of week 49 (30th Nov to 4th December). The topics of each day virtual conference will be selected later.
The next TIEMS Annual Conferences will be arranged physically in 2021 in Paris and in South Africa in 2022 and in China in 2023